Want to discover ALL of Mod Betty’s favorite Retro Roadmap -worthy places in South Jersey?
Wildwood Vintage / Tiki Weekend 2016!
The Caribbean Motel – Wildwood, NJ – Friday May 13-Sunday May 15, 2016
Aloha, Retro Roadmappers!
Rooms are now available for the Wildwood Vintage / Tiki Weekend
at Wildwood’s Most Mid-Century-Marvelous Motel – The Caribbean!
You remember Wildwood, right? We did a fun video there – watch below and catch the excitement!
We’re finalizing the Weekend’s details, but here’s a peek of what you have to look forward to:
- A special Friday night welcome reception at the Doo Wop Experience, the retro museum of Wildwood, with drinks, nibbles and photo ops galore!
- Explore all Wildwood has to offer, on your own or as part of the virtual scavenger hunt! Use clues to “collect” places, then post to Instagram or Facebook with a hashtag. Be the first to post ’em all and win a prize!
- Vintage Vending! Have some vintage/retro items you want to sell? Display ’em in your room’s picture window and share with your newfound tiki pals!
- Tiki /Surf/Lounge/Exotica Happy Hour music with Blanko Dave of the Thrifty Discount DJs spinning vintage vinyl!
- Ramp Walk Fashion Show – Walk the Levitating Runway and show off your fave vintage/tiki ensemble!
- Hawaiian Dinner including succulent ham, veggies and homemade pineapple bread pudding by the Caribbean’s own Chef Ron!
- Twisting poolside under the Plastic Palms, Limbo Contest, Shuffleboard and more!
The weekend is only open to guests of this vintage 30-room motel, so book your rooms now if you want to meet like-minded vintage / tiki folks and have some retro fun in South Jersey’s 1950s destination, Wildwood!
Want to see what kind of fun we had last year? Click here for a gaggle of colorful photos!
Rates start at just $104/night per couple and include all the fun above.
Want to join in? Contact Margie at the Caribbean Motel and book your room today!
See you there! XO Mod Betty